Onyx Solar is a European company that has developed its own proprietary production technology and knowhow, in order to manufacture building materials capable of generating free and clean electricity from the sun.
Among these photovoltaic building materials, the transparent glass for curtain walls, skylights, and the building envelope in general, is the most renowned one. Besides providing buildings with electricity generation, this photovoltaic glass maximizes the building energy performance by filtering out 99% of harmful UV, 95% of IR radiation, insulating the building both thermally and acoustically, and thus minimizing the energy demand of any property, while increasing its value.
From inception in 2009 to today, Onyx Solar has focused primarily on identifying market needs, developing products by a team composed by professionals of glass, architecture and energy sectors as well as evolving its business model till optimizing its value proposition. This period has been helpful to test the technology under the most stringent standards and desires of the leading players in the industry such as “starchitects” Foster+Partners and Rafael Viñoly; and clients such as Apple Inc., Samsung, Novartis, Pfizer, ING Bank, Yahoo, the US Navy, Turner Construction, Skanska, Miami Heat, Acciona and Coca-Cola, who have all installed Onyx Solar´s Photovoltaic Glass.
Despite the youngness of the company and the consequent early development of its global marketing plan, the interest demonstrated by the market for Onyx Solar solutions is so high that the company counts already on a pipeline with nearly 1,000 open projects in 50 countries, with a value of €300M, easing the path to a bright future. In fact, just during its development stage, Onyx Solar has already become the main global reference in building integrated photovoltaics with more than 60 projects completed in over 20 countries.
Onyx Solar´s products have been awarded by more than 20 prestigious entities worldwide, including:
- Most Innovative Glass Product of 2015 granted by the National Glass Association of the USA and the Window & Door Dealers Alliance.
- Best outdoor product of 2015 granted by the Architect´s Newspaper which defined Onyx Solar as a “Game Changer”.
- Best of what’s new of 2015 granted by the Magazine Popular Science.
- Best Turnkey Project Award of 2015 granted by the Solar International Association for its “innovative manufacturing and product approach that have the potential to change the way we live”
- 1 in the Top 10 Gensler´s Products List (the largest architectural firm in the world by revenue).
- Elena Rico – R&D Project Manager at Onyx Solar: email@example.com
- Teodosio del Caño – CTO at Onyx Solar: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information at www.onyxsolar.com